Learn how to dehydrate food, become more confident in your skills, and be more productive with your dehydrator. You'll understand safe food handling, dehydrating, and food storage principles, as well as many uses for your dehydrated products!
The most often asked questions about dehydrating, and the basics of how to dehydrate. Perfect for beginners and a great refresher for those who have been dehydrating food for a while.
- How long does it take to dry food?
- What dehydrator should I get?
- What is conditioning?
- When is food dry?
- Does dehydrating cause nutrient loss?
- Can I turn my machine off overnight?
- How do I store dehydrated foods?
- How to use dehydrated foods?
Dehydrating Journal Pages
Each journal page can be individually printed as you need them to create your own dehydrating binder or print them off at once. I've also included a blank journal page for any projects you want to create on your own!
- Each journal page is created for each specific food with:
- How to directions
- Tips for use, preparation, or alternative drying tips
- A section for yields
I've included fifteen tried and true ways of using your dehydrated foods -- from seasoning blends to meals in a jar to fun snacks to try!
Have these handy answers to all of your questions that are perfect to teach beginning dehydrators and refresh those who have been dehydrating for a while.
This digital, downloadable, pdf guide will walk you through the basics of dehydrating, give you helpful tips along the way, and allow you to feel confident in making use of your dehydrator to create wonderful snacks, and store food in your pantry that your family will love, and create long-term storage. This may not work with Kindle products, it is best used with desktops, phones, Android tablets, and iPads.
If you would prefer a physical copy of the book - please see this option.
How I recommend you use this book:
- Download to your device where you normally keep downloads. I don't recommend printing off the Dehydrating Basics portion of the book, but keep it handy for reference.
- Print off only the journal pages you need as you begin working through your projects - or print them all off in one batch and get your dehydrating binder ready to go! There is a blank page included to print off as many times as you need to record any project you want to expand and grow on your own!
While there are a few full-color pages in the book, you can choose the ink saver or black and white only option for your particular printer.
Hint: If you go to a shop like Staples, you can use their copy machines and choose to print only the journal sheets, as well.
This is a Digital Download, no physical product will be delivered.
Page Count: 170 pages
Delivered as: Digital Download
Print Size: 8.5x11 inch (A4) paper
Other Versions Available